Finally free again after spending the last month or so trying to prepare for potentially the last exam I will ever sit - so I hope anyway. If it were not for my habit of wanting to follow through with anything I start, it would be too easy to defer for a 3rd year or even forever. People say CFA level 3 is a breeze after level 2, but I'm not so sure. Sat through a 6 hour exam for the 3rd time on Saturday, along with 3,000 or so others at the London Excel Centre. What a way to spend a sunny weekend, but atleast its over for now.
Finished the exam just in time for a great day out in Brockenhurst for Anne's b'day on Sunday. Great excuse for a day out and especially to catch up with Anne and everyone else. The 2 hour cycle to a river (or rather dirty swamp) to try out canoeing was certainly not a breeze...those up hill bits were tough! And I struggled with getting the rowing right on the canoe, with Alex & I getting more and more frustrated, but I think we finally figured it out on the leg back. Topped it off with a leisurely 1.5 hour cycle back to the train station which was actually quite 'pleasant'! Sure feel active and great again, but for the god damn hayfever!
Good to have this little window with studying out of the way and work manageable so I can really turn to other things important in life. Like catching up for a quick drink after work today with my uni friend John who's in town. Always good to hear how things are going with the rest of the gang, especially with more and more of us now overseas. Ahh...the good old days!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment