Sunday, May 17, 2009

Touring around Turkey

Anzac Bonza Tour 2009
On-The-Go Tours
23 April - 4 May

We had so much fun touring around Turkey with Ange, Geoff, Thuy and Yen. Our Turkey trip to me was on par with Croatia, up there on our best trips which is reflected in how many photos we took. I tried to limit the collages, I really did. But there were just way too many highlights!! There was so much history and culture to take in, and not to mention the natural beauty.
  • Gallipoli - dawn service at Anzac Cove was a moving experience (although sitting up all night on stadium seats is not something I'd do again)
  • Pammukale - calcium pools; what I most looked forward to seeing did not disappoint. This was a favourite of mine...such an amazing natural phenomena, such a special place
  • Cappadocia - fairy chimneys, underground cities, frescoes, scattered houses and churches carved in stone were breath-taking....one of the few places that I truly felt "WOW" as we drove into the village. I felt so lucky to have had the opportunity to see this
  • Turkish bath - can be a little intrusive, but was one of those things to experience
  • Istanbul - so much to offer; the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Bosphorous cruise, and oh the shopping - lamps, carpets, jewellery, ceramics, to name a few...
  • Letting our hair hang down - Trying the shisha and clubbing the Turkish way was amusing and a lot of fun; especially with our cool tour group who, both young and old, would take any opportunity to hit the dance floor







No comments: