We had cancelled tickets to the British Open (booked months in advance) when Alex found out that Tiger wasn't going to be playing, only to find ourselves going there in the end anyway.
So the weekend went like this:
1. Strolled up to Alamo National in Kings Cross to pick up hire car. There was a hiccup in the delivery and people had been queuing for 2 hours. It was mayhem! But finally got our car after midday. Arghh...good old English customer service.
2. Stopped by Win Yip on the way up and experienced the joys of Chinese grocery shopping with a car! Now I know why Alice raves about this place, I'd shop here too if I had a car.
3. Another pit stop in Birmingham for lunch and checked out the Bull Ring shopping centre. I like it - cool design.
4. Got to Blackpool for dinner and to spend the night. A beach holiday town of the 50s filled with nasty hens and bucks parties, somehow reminding me very much of the Panthers league club back in Sydney. A place that can easily be missed.
5. The drive up and around the Lake District was pleasant, stopping by Beatrix Potter's Hill Top house to discover her inspiration for Peter Rabbit. Worth visiting if in the area...and could have done with a bit more time at the Lakes.
6. Raced back to Royal Birkdale golf course to witness Greg Norman in the lead on the 9th hole at the 2008 British Open...but unfortunately he did not make history and ended 3rd. Watching pro golf live is actually quite enjoyable and worth experiencing if you have the chance.
7. Stopped in Manchester for dinner and ticked it off the list. Unless I missed something - not a must see.
The cool Bull ring:
Beatrix Potter's Hill Top home:
No comments:
Post a Comment